- Check the calendar in the sidebar. Get an idea of how many people have requested access.
- We have a limit of the max. number of visitors per day. When we approach 10-12 we will cut off any further requests.
- Give us time to respond. We both have day jobs and often cannot respond to last minute requests. We must have a Release From Liability statement from anyone wishing to visit Scenic Hot Springs. This simply cannot be done over the phone.
- Call us if you just simply need information but do not call us to set up a reservation. We won’t have the information in front of us to give a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer. Email your request.
- Give us at least two days advance notice. We understand that a visit is often a moment of opportunity but don’t simply drive up there, call us, and then expect us to give permission after-the-fact.
- Read the Conditions of Access before you make a request. When you visit Scenic you do so agreeing to the conditions you may experience up there and you also release and hold harmless the owner from any liability resulting from being on the property. You enter and visit at your own risk. Yourself and every member of your party must agree to those terms BEFORE you visit. The Conditions of Access (a link of which is also in the sidebar to the right) also informs you of what activities are not permitted up at Scenic, as well as a lot of useful information to make your visit enjoyable.
- When making a request, follow the three steps in the Conditions of Access and provide the necessary information as well as a statement of agreement to the terms. Without that we can go no further and it will delay your request.
We get a lot of requests . . . many of which go nowhere. Put your name and date of request in the subject line (i.e., “Visit to Scenic on 12-25-2011, Rick” or something like that) so that we don’t miss a request in the flurry of emails.Subsequent requests, please start a new email instead of continuing a request from months ago. These messages sometime end up buried deeply in the thousands of other messages in the inbox. Start a new thread.Don’t use different email accounts as we can’t tie together who is asking what.If you do not intend to follow through with a request, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can release and clean up the calendar of pending requests.
A best of all . . . thank you for all the great people who have visited Scenic in the past year. Though trespassing is still a problem, it is not as much of a problem as it was in the past. By everyone going through the proper procedure to visit, we are being a better neighbor with the authorities and keeping away problems. Thank you all. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 2012 is going to be even better for soaking up at Scenic.
Mike, Rick, and Matt